As many of us have been working form home or the last 18 months we have all
been looking at what home improvements are needed, here at Challis we have been invited into potential clients’ homes and help them design, plan, supply & fit many bathrooms, so we are just giving anyone some small pointers of what to think about when thinking of having a bathroom design / refurb, and of course many of these pointers can be used when doing any home improvements.
- Have a plan! – either draw one up yourself with measurements or ideally have a professional 3D Cad plan done for you.
- Know where your services enter & exit the bathroom (water, electrical, drainage).
- Will your current water/gas supply feed your potential new drench head shower/bath/taps/wc.
- Many people are swapping out baths for large walk-in showers.
- Shop around for products – be aware when buying over the internet, if products are wrong, damaged, faulty they can be costly to return & time consuming.
- Wall & floor coverings – make sure you choose hard wearing and water-proof products.
- If you are fitting yourself, make sure you have necessary knowledge/qualifications to carry out the work – otherwise use a professional.
- When using a professional check their standard of work – if you can visit a job that’s already been completed.
- Make sure the correct lighting and ventilation are used.
- Buy local – support where you can a local family run business/independent retailer.
- When trade-people are working in your house do not be afraid to question them if the work is not what you expect or you feel there is a problem – when the work is finished and been paid it can be costly to put right – most trades-people are decent people.
These are just a few helpful tips to help you on your way, and if Challis MS Ltd can help you with your bathroom refurb please contact me and also see our website for all other products we offer.
For More On How We Can Help You Realise Your Dream Bathroom Contact:
Regional Sales Manager Challis MS Ltd
01628 529024. 07809 144024. firstname.lastname@example.org